Genesis 11:5

The Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which mortals had built. Genesis 11:5

Friday in July

My students ask me if I am too hot wearing hijab and long sleeves. No, I'm comfortable; I'm smiling. I'm grateful for my teaching job, where I can work in air conditioning. It is said that the Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salaam) fasted more in the month of Shaban than any other month of the year, other than Ramadan. What wonderful preparation it has been to fast these days, in anticipation of the holy month of Ramadan. I'm looking very much forward to the fast. And fasting has been made easier for me, alhamdulillah. The days are longer now than they will be in Ramadan, but I have the energy and ability to fast whilst teaching and working all day and night at my new job. My mouth has not become too dry, nor my body too weak to work and fast. This is a gift from Allah.

These days I'm praying. The prayer of Musa, that I mentioned before, along with two others in particular:

حسبي الله لا اله الا هو عليه توكلت وهو رب العرش العظيم.

Allah is sufficient for me. There is none worthy of worship but him. I have placed my trust in him, he is Lord of the Majestic Throne

The dua (prayer) of Yunus (Jonah) alayhi salaam (peace be upon him)

لا اله الا انت سبحانك أني كنت من الظالمين


There are none worthy of worship besides you. Glorified are you. Surely I am from the wrongdoers note: whatever dua made after recital, Allah will accept it inshallah


No comments:

Post a Comment