Genesis 11:5

The Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which mortals had built. Genesis 11:5

I do not know suffering

"Then the Lord said, "I have observed the misery of my people who are in Egypt; I have heard their cry on account of their taskmasters. Indeed, I know their sufferings." Exodus 3:7
I am thrilled about the success of the Egyptian revolution. This is a day in history that I will never forget. I'm so inspired, wishing that people everywhere, myself included, will cease to underestimate the power in numbers, the power in unity, the power in faith and hope. Watching video after video of footage of celebrations in Cairo, hearing the overwhelming joy that Egyptians are feeling, a thought has occurred to me: I do not know suffering. Truly, these people have suffered, and we can sense how much they have suffered for 30 years under Mubarak in their tears of joy. I will continue to be inspired by the bravery of the Egyptian protesters, and their willingness to give their lives for freedom. 

Furthermore, I would like to highlight religious unity displayed at the protest. I was so happy to hear hear reports of Christians in Tahrir Square protecting Muslims at prayer: 

This is one photo that has been released by Nevine Zaki, an Egyptian woman present at the protests.

This PressTV news report also provides footage of Christians protecting Muslims at prayer during the protests. Equally, there are widespread reports of Muslims protecting Coptic Christians as they conduct mass in Tahrir Square, as seen in this video.

Not only has Egypt shown the world the strength of the people united, but they have given the world an example of true religious harmony and respect. May their example be followed the world over!

No comments:

Post a Comment